January 25, 2015

plans?

Ever since I can remember I have had a plan.  Finish high school with a 4.0-go to college and quickly get through my generals-enroll in the respiratory management program for my bachelor's-go to medical school with the dreams of being a surgeon.  And in the middle of it all work and spend my free time adventuring and travelling.  A solid plan that only has minor changes along the way.

So when people ask me about my future this is what I tell them with the little sidenote of plans can change but I have always doubted mine will drastically change.  Then they inquire about a family, children- like I'm insane for leaving them out of my plan... but I've never added them in because I have no idea where a family fits in... I have no idea when they will enter into my life.  I mean sure I imagine they are somewhere in they're but that is something that is unstable in my plan.  It is something that for right now is out of my control whereas everything else is all up to me.  So no they are not specifically placed into my plan because for now they are merely a dream-a dream that eventually will become a reality.  And eventually they will become one of those little changes that just makes my life significantly better.

I think in our lives there are things we can lean on for stability and things we can count on, but on the other side there are so many things that come at unexpected times or things that change what was once stable.  But I guess the unstable things are what makes life interesting.  the unexpected, the random, the unplanned those are what make life worthwhile.  The things that make us leave what used to be stable to lean onto something that has become stable.   The only thing a plan does is gives us direction and something to tell people whereas the unexpected events are what make our lives.  The unexpected and the changes to how we reach our goals that is what writes our story. 

So I guess I have a plan-- and I will full heartily jump that direction.  But I can't wait for the unexpected joys to change my path to my goals.   

No comments:

Post a Comment