September 27, 2014

"to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people just exist."

Since school started my life has become a mixture of every section of life.  I go from being a high school senior to a college student to a hospital intern.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I absolutely love the craziness in my life right now.

This past week I was able to watch the delivery of a beautiful baby girl.  At first I was so focused on the baby and what the medical team was doing with her. But then I looked over at the parents and in their eyes you could see the love they had for her and the hopes and dreams they wished she would achieve.  They wanted her to live.  They wanted her reach her highest potential.  They didn't just want her to exist.

I live my life in an adventurous fashion. I refuse to exist--I want to make my life worth something.   There have been times that I have fallen victim to mere existence, where I have stopped adventuring because someone else didn't think that was the best way to go.  I have realized how boring life can really be (in other words a life filled with tv is really not a life at all).  I hope that my life will never be that way again.  I hope that my life will continue the way it is, I hope that I will always lead a life of adventure.  

I will live.  I will never again just exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment