January 17, 2014

christmas days.

Christmas flew by... but I have some stories to tell.

Christmas Eve- Well early morning caroling is one way to start Christmas.  I received an early morning phone call and ended up going up to Salt Lake with Dave and some of his friends.  The plan was to carol... first to Santa at City Creek and then where ever we could go without a permit.  Well that place ended up being the Rio Grande street (a street filled with homeless people).  It was unbelievable, the people were so grateful, and most of them did not want us to stop...  For me it was a moment when the worldly things didn't matter...money, presents, that new bracelet, none of it mattered in the slightest. All that mattered was that moment.. the moment when each of us saw those peoples faces while we sang, their tears as they cried for joy, and the sound of their voices when they decided to sing along.
And then we left.

we came back home to start the normal family traditions, Dave went to his grandmas, and I went to mine (with a detour to go and see Annette of course).  My strange family's normal festivities began.. first dinner.. then the program..then the slide show.. followed by PJ's.. followed by presents.. and then finally dessert.  And that sums up the evening before Christmas.

Christmas-  I RECEIVED THE GIFT I WANTED (from Santa of course).  I got my Camera... ya know, so I can keep taking cool pictures and stuff.  Well the morning was filled with screams of excitement, new trinkets and do-dads, laughter, and all the normal Christmasy emotions.  Then it was followed by a relaxing morning at the Grandparents house.. It was a typical Christmas Day..  And then I went to Dave's house..  We exchanged gifts (he got me SWEATS! (that counts as a win))  and then we hung out.. We watched movies, we laughed, and we just had fun until the night slowed to an end.. and with a hug and a goodnight kiss I left, for that night at least.
Overall I would say that Christmas was perfect.  And I think I'll end it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment