October 6, 2013

hi, its the weekend.




football. dates. the autumn air.  This is what a long awaited weekend should be about.

Sometimes you meet someone.  And they seem like an insignificant part of your life.. You figure they will come and go.  But then they seem to leave a footprint in your heart.. they stay.. they don't abandon you.  Most people just wonder where that person will take them, but I like to think about how it started.. I like to remember the memories with them.  Because otherwise you forget.. you forget the little things.. the things that brought you together in the first place.

Sometimes that first place.. that first talk.. that first kiss.. it seems so small.  So why would you bother  to think back?  Why would you take up space in your mind to remember? But aren't those the best times? Aren't those the only reason you are together today?  So I like to remember.. I like to remember that one freezing football game and that one new, broken drum stick; The lunch date and the laughs; The movie and the kiss; The screams and the jumps as we ran through the haunted forest.  The moments that continue to build up.. the small memories that could fade.

Well basically these were my lovely thoughts as another weekend flashed by.
It was another weekend, now filled with memories of these 3 and a few others.

Times like these are the times that I want to remember.
These are the times I think back too.
And these times make me realize that friends like them don't abandon you, they don't build you up only to tear you down, they don't go by the wayside--each of them stick around, only to make my life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment