October 27, 2014

Wändər.ləst.

{Wan.der.lust}:a strong desire to travel.

//I suffer from wanderlust. I ache with a desire to travel.  Thoughts of going to far off places, exploring ancient cities, and discovering the little secrets the world holds dear race through my imagination on a daily basis.  My head is full of places I wish to one day set foot on.

//My passport lies on my desk, unused and for now, useless.  It's a little piece of paper collecting dust, just waiting to travel alongside me.  Hopefully that day comes soon.  These Utah mountains have held me prisoner too long.  I've been ready to escape these mountains (just for a little while) for a long time and I just need the chance.  

//a chance can do a lot for a person.  It can be the difference between a lonely life and a life full of friends and family.  A chance can switch your path.  An opportunity can bring you success.  One chance leads to the next and the next and the next.  In reality life is just one big chain of chances. But if one chance leads to another.. we don't get to choose a different chance for a different path whenever we feel like it,  we have to be patient and wait for another chance to come along… and who knows if it ever will? So we have to take a chance in stride-decide what we want and go for it.

//So hopefully my traveling chance comes soon.  I can't count the amount of chances I have taken this year.. but I desperately hope they keep coming.. My head would begin to spin if I was forced to sit in limbo.  I'm ready to move foreword and jump into the next page of my story.  I'm ready for this chapter to end and a new one to begin.  But for the time I have left in this chapter I will enjoy it, and I hope the last of it's pages are filled with countless adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment