September 5, 2014

a.d.v.e.n.t.u.r.e.s

These last two weeks have been filled with nothing but adventure. So I guess I'll recap it for you.

FOOTBALL



The first game of senior came quickly and passed by in the blink of an eye.  Our team fought hard, but we walked off the field still down by one point. In retrospect the loss doesn't matter- that's just how life is sometimes.  Sometimes we don't reach our goals and sometimes we are disappointed.  But the only things that matter are the memories we built in the pouring rain (or in any other setting) and the experiences we will hold close to our hearts forever.

My memories were forged by the old friends that surrounded me and little pieces of those memories included new people who have entered into my life.  These memories will always be part of my senior year.  These memories have been etched into the story of my life and in some ways they have changed me just a little bit.  And each memory for the rest of the forever will keep changing me a little bit at a time and mold me into the person I am to become.

I am excited to see who that person will finally be in the end.

BUNNY
I got a bunny.  His name is Peter.


CONCERT


My next senior year adventure took me to Pioneer Park (fyi: it is known as the most dangerous park in Utah).  It was the venue for a concert I was dying to go to.  I went. With two girls. And we survived.  The concert was phenomenal. We went to see Westward the Tide and The Head and the Heart, both bands were incredible.  The night was filled with music.  It was perfect.  We etched another page into our story that night.  It is a page that all of us will look back on.

STORYTELLING FESTIVAL

I think it is one of Utah's best kept secrets.  Every year professional storytellers come and share their eloquent words for an entire weekend.  This year I went to the "night of Shivers", it was held up the canyon and the night was filled with incredible stories.  While I was there I was thinking about stories I could share like that… then I realized my words would never be that eloquent.  I have many stories but I share them through the tips of my fingers instead of out loud.  And I'm okay with that.

FOURWHEELING
Well my dear friend Zach is headed off to Korea.  Our lives are taking different paths.  It's not like we've ever "liked" each other--we're just really good friends.  But it's strange to think that our lives are going in two very different directions, of course we'll still update each other via email but for now we are separated and who knows if we'll ever find our way back.

Anyways, for a final celebration we went four-wheeling.  12 hours of non-stop action.  I absolutely loved it.

The next day brought his farewell.
And our goodbyes were Tuesday which included Korean lunch.
I'm really gonna miss him.

               _______________________________

Senior year has been a dream so far.  And I am anxiously awaiting the adventures that lie ahead.  Everything is working out better than I ever could've imagined.

Oh and PS.  I got kissed, twice (I'll keep their names a secret for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment