July 24, 2014

unpredictable.

She listened as the unseen force ran through the trees, tickling the leaves as it went.  She watched as it pushed aside the long grass that clung to the wind as it passed. In some ways the wind was rude--- like how it relentlessly ticked the leaves or how it shoved aside the long grass or how it stole little treasures as it continued on its ever changing path.  But in other ways it seemed teasingly shy--- like how it lightly caresses your face or when it dropped its last claimed treasure into your hands, as if it yearned to share its new finding with you.

So in that moment she allowed her rather harsh judgement of the wind to remain undecided.  She allowed herself to enjoy the touch of the light, gentle breeze on her face.  She began to pay careful attention to the sounds the wind made--the whistle it made as it brushed through the long grass, the sound of the leaves shaking as the wind teased them, the ringing of the chimes as they were pushed side to side.

The wind is beautifully scary.  But isn't that just like humans--beautiful at times and scary during others.     It's strange how similar we are to the wind…we are beautiful during times of happiness and scary during times of trial, just like how the wind is beautiful during a summer day and scary during a raging storm.  Humans lives are ever-changing just like the path of the wind-- and the wind is stubborn and unpredictable just like a human.  So I guess in all honesty we are just like the wind…we are fierce, scary, and destructive--but we are also beautiful, gentle, and adventurous.

Trying to judge the wind is like judging a human--unjustifiable and immeasurably rude.  An immutable judgement is almost impossible to have because certain elements are constantly changing.   So why make one at all? Why not give a judgement time to build?  Why not let your judgement constantly change?  Why do we judge at all-- Everyone..Everything has the capacity to evolve into something completely different. Alongside we should let our judgments constantly change and evolve.

She finally realized that she couldn't judge the wind.. and in retrospect the wind was just like her.

                                                

So I found a new random hobby that I have sort of become addicted to, Calligraphy.  Yeah, it looks really pretty on the paper but I have come to realize that there are only so many places I can hang calligraphic quotes around my room.  So if you happen to have a quote you like, feel free to comment the quote and a number to reach you at and I will happily write it out for you.  A win, win situation because you get a beautiful quote and I get a chance to continue with my random hobby.

Also, I went to girls camp last week and had some of the most amazing experiences.  The week was filled with spiritual experiences and endless adventures.  The girls were surprisingly friendly and I was able to grow closer to my savior.  For those of you who don't know I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (also known as LDS or Mormon).  The experiences I had at this camp are unforgettable, they helped me see a new perspective, and in some places in my life they helped me change.  It was my last year at camp (I have gone for 6 years), and it was by far the best year I have ever had up there. I will never forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment