December 4, 2013

and he's home.

Well he's finally home- if you count finally as merely one week...

He was in California.
I was here. 

and yesterday was the first time I had seen him since.  he greeted me with a simple smile, and then he wrapped his arms around me as he whispered the words "I missed you"___ Three simple but perfect words to say.  And how lucky am I..  he is finally home.

Well, I think these feelings I am beginning to carry with me are called love.  I think the pieces of me that miss him or give me butterflies when I see him are the same pieces that have started my travels in the dangerous quest for love.  Love is a strange thing.  Forms of it are commonly seen, whereas other forms are rare and somewhat hidden from this world. Love is something that can't be deciphered, it carries differences for each one of us.  Some have tried, but who are they to think that they can tell each of us what love is.  Who are any of us to try and say we know and understand love.  Love is different for each one of us; the way we find love or the way we try to control it is different for everyone.  Love is constantly changing, it never comes to a defining point where we can write a definition that encompasses the full spectrum of what love truly is.

For me love is simple.  Love is on the brink of insanity.  Love is the beginning of an unseen adventure. Sometimes love can be scary, it is full of unexpected twists and turns.  It is a road that takes us into the unknown. But in the end love is always a form of perfection.  

So yes, I think I shall call these feelings love.  Even though some people may say that this is just a silly crush, I believe full heartedly that I have fallen into a form of love.  I believe that I have gone over the line drawn between the world and insanity.   I admit, I have fallen in love once before, but now I have jumped, I have chosen to be in love..  and now it is time for me to travel down that winding road.  

I think I am ready for this adventure.
I will take it in full stride.
And who knows.. I may learn more about love along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment