September 2, 2013

Homecoming maybe?

This the time of year when fall is beginning, school gets going, football starts, and of course the excitement of homecoming begins. Guys start asking...girls start shopping... dates are planned... dresses are found... and the memories begin.  

Well I have a story to tell... and it goes something like this..

I was kinda freaking out about homecoming.  I mean I have friends, but I really didn't think any of them  had any intentions of asking me to the dance.   I kinda was preparing myself for a date with my couch...
Sunday night, to my surprise one of my friends texted me to see if I had been asked.  Monday rolled around and the anticipation of being asked was killing me.  I waited all day, no one asked.  So I was back to plan A.. the date with my couch.

Tuesday before work I was talking to one of my best friends, Kolter, about homecoming.  He was telling me who was in his group and then asked me if anyone had said anything about taking me.  I told him about the text I received Sunday night, and his eyes got big.  Before I could even finish my sentence, he threw out another question: do you know when they are going to ask you?  I explained that I wasn't sure.. but I figured it would be soon.. Then he asked.  He looked at me and popped the question: Will you go to homecoming with me?  (of course he said he would do something big later... he just wanted to make sure he got to ask me)  I told him that he would receive my answer later.. But I was so excited.


So Tuesday I was at my mutual activity.  I was on the committee to help plan it..so i really couldn't miss it.  But it ended up being so much fun.  We had a video scavenger hunt and the tasks we had to complete were all over good old American Fork. It was awesome; it was pouring rain, we got food, and it was with all of my friends.  So part way through the activity when my team was finishing up some tasks at a park.. When I got a call from my mom. She was so excited, she basically screamed into the phone that someone had asked me.  So as soon as I possibly could I raced home to see what had been left for me.  It was Kolter.. he really had asked me.  (sadly, this meant no date with my couch haha.)  So he had left smores stuff with a note asking me if I wanted to have "smore" good times.  I still think that its genius.  


So yeah.. I'm pretty much psyched out of my mind!!

So Thursday I responded... I gave him $10 in pennies.. and it went something like this. 



So thats the end of my story.. But I think that this is a great start to the memories that I will make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment