August 24, 2013

dancing in the rain...



Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain...

You know those moments when time seems to stop.  The moments that cause you to forget the bad, stop the pain, and that help you to remember the feeling before the heartbreak. The moments that make you feel like your life is perfect, when in reality it is falling apart.  Well, mine started something like this...

         So first some background.. I have had a boyfriend for just over a year-  he is my best friend, he is absolutely amazing, and i love him so much..  I thought everything was great, then my parents made us break up.  Now.. I am lonely, I am heartbroken, I am hurt, and even though we are still friends.. I wish we could go back.  In all honesty I have never hurt so much, I have never been this heartbroken.  I have never felt this much pain.  It has been hard.  I have bad and worse days.. but one thing never changes.. I feel like I am falling apart.
          I don't know if I am going to be ok.. If I ever am, it is going to be a long road.   But this long lonely road will have moments of happiness, better days, and some perfect moments.  I was blessed with one of those.. and so my story begins...

      Thursday was a hard one.. but I knew I couldn't tell anyone how I really felt.  I couldn't make him feel bad and I knew my parents would be mad.. so I pretended to be ok. Then the storm kicked up.  The thunder crashed through the sky.  The sound was loud enough to shake the ground... The lightning was blinding as it reached to the corners of the sky.. The rain raced toward the ground at unseen speeds.. This storm was perfect.  I love the rain and I went to play in it.
    Time stopped.  The rain dripped off my face.  My hair got heavy.  I was soaked.. But it was perfect.  This was the one moment since I've landed in Hell that made me smile..  the moments where i was most alive. 
         In this moment it was the first time that I knew I will eventually be ok. This was the moment that made me forget life.  This was a moment that will never be forgotten...

No comments:

Post a Comment