August 12, 2014

not all those who wander are lost.

Right now nothing in my life seems certain.  Within one week my entire life changed--my best-friend (or I guess former best-friend) and I took different paths (we haven't spoken since); I have reconnected with old friends and have made new ones along the way; and my emotions have been on a roller-coaster.  My final year of high school is starting next week, and I still find myself occasionally getting lost in that giant school.  Everything in my life is changing and I'm not quite sure I like all of the changes.

Well-- at least I can count it all as an adventure.

Last weekend my adventure included: card games--way too much food--loud screams erupting from my throat (my uncle scared me and I swear I almost died)--photography sesh--pouring rain (with thunder and lightning = the best weather)--and enjoying one of my favorite books (Lord of The Rings).  All these together definitely make this camping trip one of the best.

In honor of this fantastic novel:
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light form the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

This may sound super cliché.. 
But right now I am wandering... I am unsure of everything and I don't know where my life is leading me.  But maybe, just maybe, I am going the right way.. and maybe I am not lost. 

No comments:

Post a Comment