July 9, 2014

happy birthday America.




Well our 4th was AWESOME.  First a BBQ, then smores, and the night ended with fireworks. 

I got to spend the night with my love.  The night was filled with little memories for us to treasure but the small memory that I will hang onto forever happened during the fireworks.  I was sitting in a chair next to Dave, and I happened to glance over during the fireworks--he was looking at me. Just looking, but his eyes were filled with love.  I knew how much he loved me, but in that one moment I could see it- I saw it when his eyes lit up as they met mine. I saw the love he felt when his eyes scanned my face stopping at each detail causing a smile to slowly spread across his face.  It was just a small moment… but it is one that I will always recall. 

He may not even know the significance of that moment.  I mean, we've had a lot just like that… but for some reason this one hit me hard.  Maybe it's because he is leaving to college and then a mission or maybe it's because I was caught up in getting to spend the holiday with my love.  Whatever it was, it is something that is impossible for me to pass up… Each moment like this one seems to stick with me in some form--whether it's just something that makes me smile or something that I continually think of--It's an unforgettable moment. 

So anyways, that sums up my 4th.
Happy Birthday America.

No comments:

Post a Comment