November 30, 2013

Ain't no party like a Gatsby party...

PREFERENCE 2013...












"a little party never killed nobody.. so we gon' dance until we drop..."

Flappers.  Jazz.  Drinks.  Unforgettable Parties.  Oh how I dream of the 20's.   And for one night I got to live my dream.  The modern 20's.  A Gatsby party for preference.  And it was perfect. The perfect dress, the perfect hair, the perfect music, and of course, the perfect date. 

Our adventure began with a train ride.  And then another ride on a different train.  And finally we arrived at our long awaited destination, an ice-skating rink nestled between the the skyscrapers of Salt Lake.  We slid around the rink, slicing the ice with our shiny skates, as we attempted spins and tricks.  My poor date was taught how to ice-skate, which consisted of me pushing him around until he learned how to balance.  But hey,  he at least can skate around without falling now.  And then our fairytale, ice-skating adventure came to an end.  We returned to the train, half frozen but filled with an unforgettable story to tell.

And then our night of the 20's began.  We started off with a homemade meal (the cheapest option) and of course the excited pictures.  And with time to kill, we played curses.  Basically a game to humiliate or annoy everyone playing. And then it was finally time for the dance.  We were now surrounded by the 20's.  Drinks in wine glasses, flapper dresses, vintage decor, and a large variety of old and modern music.  And then we danced until we dropped.  We danced until our feet were covered in blisters, and then we removed our painful heels and danced some more.  Well at some point we all have to wake up from our dreams.. for me, that was the end of the dance.   There were good things about waking up, like the cannoli's afterward as well as the continued jokes.  

The whole dance was my dream.  The 20's.  
And I lived it.
It is a moment that will never be forgotten, yes because of the dance, but also the people that made up my weekend.  It was hands-down the best group, obviously a great date.  And I'm pretty sure it is something that I can not forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment